[Updated July 19, 2017]
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and apps, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information”).
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or apps, and usage details such as times and dates of visits.
If you decide to purchase our products/services, we may collect certain additional information, like your credit or debit card number and expiration date.
How Information Is Collected
We collect information from a variety of sources and in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Through the use of technology as you navigate through our Website or apps.
- From third parties, such as our advertisers.
- Through service providers that we have engaged to collect information on our behalf.
Information You Provide
The information we collect from you includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or apps or by contacting us by telephone or other means. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to CAMBRIA STYLE® magazine, providing information about your purchased product, contacting us regarding your warranty, contacting customer care, and purchasing product or services from us.
- Records and copies of your correspondences (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or apps and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website or apps.
- Your search queries on our Website or apps.
Information Collected Through Technology
- We use various technologies to collect information about you, your online behavior, and your device. Information collected through technology includes usage details, IP address, geolocation information, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier and other information about your browsing activity, device and internet connection.
- We collect information using cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. A cookie is a small file that is stored on your device. We (or authorized third parties) may use multiple types of cookies, including HTTP, Flash or HTML5 cookies, to collect and store information about you and your activities on our Website and apps. A web beacon is an object embedded in a web page or email, which allows a person to check that a user has accessed that content. Your web browser may allow you to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and tell you how to restrict or disable certain cookies. However, blocking or deleting browser cookies may not block or delete other types of cookies, including Flash cookies. For additional information about browser privacy preferences, please consult the features of your browser. If you disable or remove cookies, some parts of our Website and apps may not function properly, or you may not be able to use some or all of the features and functions of our Website and apps.
- We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about your use of our Website and apps. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit our sites, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they accessed or used prior to coming to our sites. We use the information from Google Analytics to understand website user behavior as it relates to content and marketing, such as to improve our Website, apps and services. Google Analytics collects your IP address but does not collect your name or other personal information. For more information about how Google Analytics uses data, including how you can control the information sent to Google Analytics, visit the following external website: How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps. We may also use other data analytic tools and service providers in the future.
- We use data cloud services provided by Oracle. For more information about how Oracle uses data, including how you may be able to control information collected by Oracle, visit www.bluekai.com/privacypolicy.php.
We may combine information we collect about you through the use of technology with other information we have about you, including personal information.
Some web browsers have “do-not-track” features that tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Our Website and apps do not currently recognize or respond to automated browser signals, which may include “do-not-track” instructions.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for a variety of purposes, including:
- To present our Website and apps and their content to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and apps.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- For our own marketing purposes.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or apps or any products or services we offer or provide through them.
- To mail issues of CAMBRIA STYLE magazine to you.
- To follow-up with you about services or products provided by us or our business partners.
- To administer your accounts and subscriptions.
- To improve our content, products, services, Website, and apps.
- To provide enhanced functionality when accessing our Website and apps, including identifying you and keeping track of your specific preferences, including in terms of the presentation of content on our Website and apps.
- To deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interest in our products and services.
Without limiting any other rights, User Contributions may be used without compensation to you for online and offline promotional or commercial uses in any and all media worldwide.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated, deidentified information about our users, User Contributions, and the non-personal information of any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To an affiliate, buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To third parties for their own marketing purposes if you consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Children Under 13
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of thirteen. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under 13 and believe that person provided us with personal information, please contact us at CustomerService@cambriausa.com.
If you do not want personal information that we collect about you to be used for our marketing purposes, or for third-party marketing if you have consented to such sharing, you can opt-out of such use and sharing by emailing your request to us at CustomerService@cambriausa.com (please include the words “OPT-OUT” in the subject line of your email). Please note that even if you opt-out, we may still use and share your personal information with third parties for non-marketing purposes.
For more information about online behavioral tracking, please visit http://digitaladvertisingalliance.org/ and https://www.networkadvertising.org/. For more information about how you may opt-out of some forms of online behavioral advertising by members of the National Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices and http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California residents asking about the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. In the alternative, such businesses may adopt a policy of not disclosing personal information to third parties for marketing purposes if a California resident has opted-out of such information-sharing. We do not share your personal information with third parties without consent. We also have an opt-out policy in place. If you wish to opt-out of our sharing your personal information for marketing purposes after you have consented, please follow the “Opt-Out” instructions above.
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of personal information in our custody or control. However, we cannot guarantee that these safeguards will prevent the unauthorized access, use or disclosure of your personal information.
Visitors Outside of the United States
Our business and servers are located in the United States. Any information that you provide to us may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using our Website or apps, you consent to your information being collected, used, and transferred as disclosed herein.